Monday, April 28, 2008

To wool or not to wool? That is the question...

I'm really excited about this coming weekend! Not only is my lil' sis graduating Saturday morning, but Saturday night is the benefit for the Florida Friends of Midwives. It's going to be awesome! I made a bag to go up in the raffle. I hated to part with it, but I made a similar one for myself to ease the pain a little! Here is a pic of it:


So, to the burning question of the day and the REAL topic of this blog entry...wool covers. I've been doing a lot of research on wool diaper covers these days. We're gearing up for another gloriously HOT Florida summer, and I've heard that wool is great for hot climates because it breathes. I'd end up making my own soakers, and would probably only make one longie for sleeping. We'll see what happens. I had a hard enough time talking Travis into cloth in the first place, I'm afraid throwing wool in the mix might spook him a little more. Speaking of other diapers, I claimed victory over the fish funk in the BG's that I bought! Woohoo!! I stripped those puppies 3 times before it made a difference! *sigh*



So we're talking more and more about the future and California. I'm not relishing the thought of being a full-time working mom again, but it'll be temporary. Two years temporary, but temporary nonetheless. We decided against moving our junk to MI first, but will leave it here in a nice climate-controlled storage unit somewhere. Trav is also going to skip Academy, as much as he wanted to do it. So all things considered, we're going to try to get out of here when our lease is up, at the end of July. We're already working on a major home overhaul, getting ready for a yard sale. Eek! I'm just trying to look at the whole thing as the means to an end, to a home and some land and midwifery school. That's where my heart is, I just have two years of work before I can get there!



No comments: