Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sick again...

Well, I am not sick, but Gavin is.  My tonsils have been swollen and looking like I was trying to get tonsillitis (inflamed, red, pus...yuck), but I'm doing much better now.  Gavin, on the other hand, has a rotavirus.  Nice.  We just finally were well enough to go to church, thoroughly enjoyed Sunday's services, and now we have another sick kid.  Why is it that every time we go to church, someone gets sick?  Anyhoo, poor little dude has been so puny, I spent most of my night being vomited on or cleaning up vomit.  I got about two hours of sleep all together, then spent the morning from about 6am cleaning up the aftermath, doing load after load of laundry, and trying desperately to suck down a couple of cups of coffee.  Today I cleaned everything and whipped out the Purell, hoping that the rest of the family can avoid getting sick.  Incubation period after infection is about two days for rotavirus, so there's a good chance one of us is already infected and we don't even know it!  Anyway, I'm hoping to get a decent night's sleep tonight in my own bed (instead of the recliner...if I layed Gavin down, he vomited), without being covered in puke.  On the bright side, at least I didn't have a chance to procrastinate doing the laundry...

No comments: