Monday, May 30, 2011

Whole30 - Day 2

Yesterday I roasted two of our chickens...they've been in the freezer for a while so I'm glad to be getting them eaten! Whole30 stresses the importance of eating "clean" proteins...organic, grass-fed, pastured...that sort of thing. Hurray for having about 10 chickens left that fit the bill! Then of course I have my eggs from my egg lady. Those chickens that I roasted yesterday...my, my, were they good! I made a rub with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and fresh sage and rosemary from my herb garden out front. It was SO GOOD. I had some for lunch with a salad and then again for dinner. I know it's probably too soon to be really having any weight loss, but the bloating is sure decreased! Nice to be feeling better.

Nuts, berries, and dried shredded coconut have been my snacks. Had a Cherry Pie Larabar yesterday (it's dates, nuts, and unsweetened cherries) and thought I died and went to heaven. Now it's time for breakfast. I wish I had some mushrooms in the fridge...then I'd do a modified Denver omelet type of thing. But alas, no shrooms. I'll have to get some.

No comments: