1. That swallowing and/or inhaling gnats and/or other small flying creatures isn't really that bad.
2. That swallowing and/or inhaling them is far preferable to getting them in your eye.
3. There is a camaraderie among runners/joggers when they see each other on the road or sidewalk. It's like the biker mini-wave, except all they can muster is a glance and a nod.
4. I really CAN go a month without sugar (and grains and legumes and dairy).
5. I'm not the most physically fit person, but I surprise myself sometimes.
6. Being outside in the heat in Fresno is a bummer. It's even worse if you're exerting energy or breaking a sweat.
7. Those nifty little iPhone holder arm-strap dealios are pretty cool...and useful.
8. Bruises inflicted by my chiropractor feel much better than the IT band craziness I had before I saw her.
Well folks, I'm on day 29 of my Whole30. Tomorrow is the last "official" day. I haven't weighed myself for several days and I will not until Thursday morning. And I'll have to take an "after" picture too. I still have a LONG way to go, but every day I'm encouraged by positive comments and the support of others around me.
Week 1 day 2 of C25K today. Nearly killed me in the heat. I was slower than last time, but dang it was hot! As soon as I stepped outside my house I decided to go on a different route, a big circle around our development instead of to the park and around the track several times. I did this mostly because I knew if I did, then I couldn't just go home early. I had to keep going to get home. It wasn't the funnest thing ever, but I really didn't feel that bad after. It was just the "during" that was the killer.
I have gotten a lot of inspiration in the last few days from a blog that my mom sent me called One Twenty Five. It's written by a chica who was obese, albeit 10 lbs lighter than I was when I started. Her goal is to get to 125 lbs. She has had a tremendous journey, and she started running as well. She's done MARATHONS, dude. Whole marathons, not halves. Crazy. She's not to her goal yet, but looks fab. I love her blog.
Headache and homework so off I go.