Friday, March 20, 2009

What a busy month!

I can't believe it's been a month since I last posted! We've all been sick and busy, so I suppose that's why this month has flown.

I decided to stay on at Community. They're offering me a good rate of pay, a relocation bonus, and a sign-on bonus, all of which will help our end cause of getting out of debt. I sure didn't see this coming! We came out here with the intent to travel, hopefully get to Redding so Travis could go back to school, be out here for a couple of years, then leave. Now, we find that all of our plans changed, which is fine. We've learned a lot in these last couple of years about flexibility!! Now I am the one going back to school, we never made it to Redding, and we're staying in Fresno for two years! Talk about a complete 180! Strangely enough, though, Trav and I are both fine with it. We just figure this is the direction God's leading us into, and that's good. We both have a real peace about this path. We're hoping to be able to find a house to live in, instead of an apartment. We like this apartment, but it's upstairs (we drive our downstair neighbors bananas, I'm sure), and we'd love to have a yard for the kids and Ziggy.

The whole family has been sick. Sick, sick, sick! I'm pretty sure it's the flu, as severe as it's been. Thankfully, the stomach affliction part is over with us all, but we're all still battling the respiratory side. Deklan is taking the worst of it, as he often does. Ever since he had RSV as a baby, any cold or bug that he gets hits his lungs so hard, and it's difficult for him to shake it. I'm a bit worried at this point that he could develop pneumonia. We don't have insurance right now, as my benefits don't start until 30 days after my date of hire. If he's not improving over the weekend, we're going to take him to a walk-in clinic. I'm pumping him full of fluids, giving him steam showers and expectorants, and he's resting plenty. I just hope that he's going to be O.K. without having to go to the doctor.

I guess that's about it for now. Gavin is yelling and Deklan is puny, so I must tend to them.

No comments: