Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm lonely...

...my wonderful husband is out of town for a few days.  He flew out today to Pennsylvania to a friends wedding.  We couldn't go because we have a family wedding in August, and we couldn't afford two whole-family airfares.  So, the chillens and myself are on our own until about midnight on Sunday, when I go to pick him up.  Then I'm right back to work on Monday!  I'm going to miss that guy.  I do already!  I don't have a fear of flying, but I hate it when we're separated, and even more so when there's an aircraft involved.  In a car, you have some control over the situation.  In a plane, though, you just have to trust the crew.  I don't consider myself a controlling person by any means, but that lack of control thing bothers me.

As a result of Trav being gone, I have lots of time to watch whatever I want and spend lots of time on the computer!!  The boys are bathed and sleeping like little cutie pies, the dog has been walked and fed, and the house is calm.  I've been "shopping" for a midwife.  I have read good reviews about a few midwives in the area, and I've emailed a couple of them.  One of them stands out to me, and I don't know quite why...her name is Detrah Hele.  She's a CPM/LM in the area who does homebirths.  I can't wait to have a talk with her!  The thing is, I think I'm going to have a hard time finding someone who measures up to Harmony in my mind.  Harmony Miller is the world's most awesome midwife in Trav's and my opinions.  We loved her manner and trusted her completely.  I wonder if I'll be able to find someone that I feel THAT comfortable with.  I liked having a young midwife...seems like most of the midwives in this area are older.  According to their short bios, they've started practicing from the 1970's to 1990's, so they've got to be a bit older than me.  Well, we'll see.  It's still several weeks before I even need a preliminary visit.  I think I first saw Harmony around 8 weeks.  

*sigh*  The house is a disaster.  I guess I should go clean it up now.  

No comments: