Thursday, May 29, 2008

It's been a while...

So, it's time to update my blog...it's been a while!! Here are a few recent pics of Gavin...Deklan is his same stinky self... "What?? The Red Wings are in the Stanley Cup Finals?? GO WINGS!"
He could stare at the fishtank for hours and hours... This is what you get when you sneak up on a baby and take a picture...
He's such a happy baby!!

So, things are going well on the homefront. I'm trying to round up some professional references for the agency, and I have to tie up some loose ends when it comes to paperwork. The whole CPR card fiasco is causing an issue yet again, so I'm just going to have to take the darn class again and get a card. I'm starting to get butterflies in my stomach. It's getting more and more real...the fact that we could soon be gone from Florida forever! Wow. I've lived here for so many years of my life!

I'm going to start perusing the local thrift stores looking for wool...sweaters, blankets, etc. Until we settle down and buy a home where I have a craft area in which I can learn to spin, I'll have to buy my yarn. I've been talking about knitting a couple of soakers for Gavin, I just haven't done it yet. I also need to make some fitteds for Trav to use, and a couple of fleece covers. I want to venture into the realm of PUL, but first I want to knock out these first projects.



I learned how to wear Gavin on my back with my ring sling this week! Not the best picture ever, but here's what it looks like. I tried with my wrap (Tibetan high back carry), but it seems that my wraps are too narrow...18 inches in width. I'm thinking I'll need future wraps to be at least 22-24 inches wide to successfully do some back carries. I'd rather use a wrap for back carries...just seems more secure. My sewing projects are piling up!! I really need to get them done so I won't feel like I have a gazillion things on my plate when we head to CA...I'll have enough to do as it is, settling down in a new place, starting a new job, etc.


WWWWaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg for our stimulus check!!! Ack!

Well, I guess that's about it for now. I can't wait till I can post about WHEN and WHERE we're going when it comes to a contract!!

No comments: