Friday, May 30, 2008

I found an awesome use for carrot pulp!

This is a pic of my newest creation, along with my morning coffee and a glass of milk...yummm...
So, I have a gallon Ziplock bag in my freezer full of carrot pulp from my last juicing. I've been searching high and low for a recipe that uses carrot pulp...there are some, but nothing that really caught my eye. So I decided to take matters into my own hands. And hour or so of tinkering around in the kitchen yielded some pretty tasty results! So here, for your viewing (or baking!) pleasure, is my recipe for Carrot-Banana Breakfast Medallions.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cloves
************************
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter
3/4 c. dark brown sugar
2 eggs
3 overripe bananas, mashed
1 c. carrot pulp
1/3 c. raisins
1/2 c. walnuts, chopped

Instructions:

*Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with wax paper, spray with cooking spray and set aside.
*In a medium bowl, sift together first grouping of ingredients. Set aside.
*In a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar.
*Add eggs and beat well.
*Add banana and carrot pulp. Mix well.
* Stir in raisins and walnuts.
*Drop batter by 1/2 cupful onto baking sheet. Bake for approximately 25 min., or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on baking sheet for 5 min., then remove medallions onto cooling rack.

These are great on the run or with a cup of coffee or milk!


No comments: