Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Finales...

I hate to admit it, really I do, but I am a reality T.V. show junkie.  There.  I said it.  Happy now??  *sigh*  Well, some of my favorite shows either have or are coming to an end this week.  Survivor just ended, and I'm really pleased with the result.  J.T. was the most sincere, honest player that they've had for a while on that show.  His attitude and outlook were refreshing...so kudos, J.T.!  Tonight Dancing with the Stars is coming to an end, and American Idol ends tomorrow night.  Amazing Race and America's Next Top Model also just ended.  Thank God for DVR!  The only good part about all of these shows ending is this:  they are making way for my all-time favorite reality show, So You Think You Can Dance!!!  Woohoo!!!  I love that show, because people can't fake and luck their way through it, it's truly based on talent!  

Work has been rough lately.  We hit a period of strangely low census, and then we've been slammed for the last two days.  I was the resource nurse yesterday and today, and for the 12.5 hours that I was there both days, I was probably on my feet for at least 10 of them.  Normally I'll get to sit for a little while and chart, but as resource I bounce around between nurses, starting IV's, helping them catch up, doing admits and discharges, and helping PCA's turn and clean and just overall helping everyone.  Thrown into the mix I have to do audits of IV's, tubings, etc. to make sure they're labeled and not expired, check all patients allergies, make sure they have bracelets on and stickers on their charts reflecting their allergies...the list just goes on and on and on.  For what it's worth, I'm a pretty decent resource.  But it seems like every day I'm resource, the crap hits the fan.  I run like a manic, and almost always end up taking on a patient load of my own.  On the bright side at work, it's Neuroscience Week at our hospital, so we have free meals all week, presentations by vendors, etc.  And I got a cool retractable badge thingy with a brain on it.  Ha.  I love it!  

The house rental seems to be moving along quite well!  The owner agreed to the lower rent if we will retain the gardener, which is an additional small amount each month.  Of course, we agreed because rent is lower with the gardener than without.  So we should hear the final decision and get the lease drawn up by the end of the week.  I can't wait to plant my garden!!!

Alrighty then.  It's Idol time, people.  

No comments: