Sunday, May 17, 2009

My love of strawberries...

I could eat them every day.  Seriously.  With them being in season right now, I'm buying them by the flat, eating them almost every day, preparing and freezing them for smoothies, etc.  I just ate about a pound of fresh strawberries with a sprinkle of turbinado sugar (which I love because it gives a nice crunch!).  It's really hot here in Fresno today, with a high of 105 degrees, so I'm sure I'll be having a smoothie later.  I normally just do an O.J., strawberry, and banana smoothie, but here lately I've gotten hooked on a new ingredient to my old standby:  Odwalla's Vanilla Al'Mondo Super Protein drink.  I freeze it in ice cube trays then use 5 or 6 of them in a smoothie.  I also freeze whatever fruit I'm using (bananas, strawberries) so it's nice and frosty.  Vanilla Al'Mondo is made of organic soymilk, organic oatmilk, bananas, ground almonds, and vanilla extract...so yummy!

Comcast is terrible.  I just thought I'd throw that out there.  They are the most crooked cable company in the entire United States.  And their service bites.  They're dishonest and rude.  And that is all.

Oh, and if you have the time, check out the works of Chrissy Butler.  She's a wonderfully talented artist and author, and a VBAC homebirth momma to boot!  Her blog, "The Wonderful Place" is linked in my sidebar, and you can see her site here.  The first pic on my blog is hers, as is this black-and-white that I love!


No comments: